I have a big problem in HLSL please help me....

Started by
7 comments, last by edenxiii 19 years, 2 months ago
HI I have two FX files the first do TnL basics like ambient diffuse and specular lighting which has four techniqes and each has one pass. the second is a multi texturing effect which has one technique and one pass. I wrote in my code... g_pTnLEffect->SetTechnique(TnLTexEnvHandle); g_pTnLEffect->Begin(&NumPasses, NULL); // //the loop for drawing subsets. // g_pTnLEffect->End(); and for the second one g_pScreenShader->SetTechnique(MultiTexScreen_2_0Handle); g_pScreenShader->Begin(&NumPasses, NULL); // //the loop for drawing subsets. // g_pScreenShader->End(); why only the first one works(g_pTnLEffect) and the second effect doesnt render anything considering that each of these effects(alone) works properly.
Advertisement
Have you set the correct constants (ie matrices, vectors, ect...) and the correct vertex declaration?
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
Quote:Original post by ehsan_the_tiamat
HI
I have two FX files the first do TnL basics like ambient diffuse and specular lighting which has four techniqes and each has one pass. the second is a multi texturing effect which has one technique and one pass. I wrote in my code...

g_pTnLEffect->SetTechnique(TnLTexEnvHandle);
g_pTnLEffect->Begin(&NumPasses, NULL);
//
//the loop for drawing subsets.
//
g_pTnLEffect->End();

and for the second one

g_pScreenShader->SetTechnique(MultiTexScreen_2_0Handle);
g_pScreenShader->Begin(&NumPasses, NULL);
//
//the loop for drawing subsets.
//
g_pScreenShader->End();

why only the first one works(g_pTnLEffect) and the second effect doesnt render anything considering that each of these effects(alone) works properly.

Are you calling BeginPass/Endpass and CommitChanges before each draw?
EvilDecl81
yes i'm sure about everything.
can i use two or more effect files or i'm doing something wrong?
Quote:Original post by ehsan_the_tiamat
can i use two or more effect files or i'm doing something wrong?

Yep, you can use multiple effects per frame. If you post your entire rendering and effect code, perhaps we can identify the problem. Remember to surround it in [ source ] tags to keep the code formatting (details in FAQ).
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
g_pScreenShader->SetTechnique(MultiTexScreen_2_0Handle);		g_pScreenShader->Begin(&NumPassesScr, NULL);        D3DXMatrixIdentity(&WorldMat);		g_WorldViewProj  =  WorldMat* V * matProj ;	    g_pScreenShader->SetMatrix(g_mScreenWorldViewProjHandle,&g_WorldViewProj);		for(DWORD i = 0; i< g_dwScreenNumMaterials; i++)		{						g_pScreenShader->BeginPass(0);			g_pScreen->DrawSubset(i);			g_pScreenShader->EndPass();		}		g_pScreenShader->End();///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////	    g_pTnLEffect->SetTechnique(TnLTexEnvHandle);		g_pTnLEffect->Begin(&NumPasses, NULL);				D3DXMatrixIdentity(&WorldMat);		g_pTnLEffect->SetMatrix(g_mWorldHandle,&WorldMat);		g_WorldViewProj  =  WorldMat* V * matProj ;	    g_pTnLEffect->SetMatrix(g_mWorldViewProjectionHandle,&g_WorldViewProj);		for(DWORD i = 0; i< g_dwNumMaterials; i++)		   {			  g_pTnLEffect->SetTexture(g_MeshTextureHandle, g_pMeshTextures);		      g_pTnLEffect->BeginPass(0);		      g_pMesh->DrawSubset(i);		      g_pTnLEffect->EndPass();		   } g_pTnLEffect->End();
	g_pScreenShader->SetTechnique(MultiTexScreen_2_0Handle);	g_pScreenShader->Begin(&NumPassesScr, NULL);	D3DXMatrixIdentity(&WorldMat);	g_WorldViewProj  =  WorldMat* V * matProj ;	g_pScreenShader->SetMatrix(g_mScreenWorldViewProjHandle,&g_WorldViewProj);	g_pScreenShader->BeginPass(0);	for(DWORD i = 0; i< g_dwScreenNumMaterials; i++)	{		// ?? set texture ??		// g_pScreenShader->CommitChanges(); // uncomment this if you do set a texture in the line above		g_pScreen->DrawSubset(i);	}	g_pScreenShader->EndPass();	g_pScreenShader->End();///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////	g_pTnLEffect->SetTechnique(TnLTexEnvHandle);	g_pTnLEffect->Begin(&NumPasses, NULL);	D3DXMatrixIdentity(&WorldMat);	g_pTnLEffect->SetMatrix(g_mWorldHandle,&WorldMat);	g_WorldViewProj  =  WorldMat* V * matProj ;	g_pTnLEffect->SetMatrix(g_mWorldViewProjectionHandle,&g_WorldViewProj);	g_pTnLEffect->BeginPass(0);	for(DWORD i = 0; i< g_dwNumMaterials; i++)	{		g_pTnLEffect->SetTexture(g_MeshTextureHandle, g_pMeshTextures);		g_pTnLEffect->CommitChanges();		g_pMesh->DrawSubset(i);	}	g_pTnLEffect->EndPass();	g_pTnLEffect->End();

I've included a modified version of your code above. If you put in the appropriate SetTexture call in the first loop, then it should work.

Also, just as a note, you do not need to call BeginPass() for each subset, only for new passes. That is why I moved the BeginPass/EndPass calls outside of the loops.
what does g_pTnLEffect->CommitChanges(); do???

CommitChanges() commits your changes :)

Basically, whenever an effect changes a state on the device, that change gets tossed until you say "hey I'm serious about the changes I'm making." Its one of those DX things to keep you from murdering performance accidentally

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement