Sign in to follow this  

Project Protoman

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You can read about a new side-scrolling platform game I am creating here. It is a megaman fan game staring Protoman. I uploaded a demo of what I have coded of the engine so far. Comments are appreciated on how I can improve the demo.

so far, so good
the only problem is that it seems that he's jumping to low, and too fast, but, it really depend if the game you are doing is going to be a fast action game or a slower one (like mario).
how do you store the maps for the game?

Thank you!

I use the mappy map editor to create my maps so it is stored in a FMP file which is the native file type of mappy.

You're right, I do need to slow down the jumping, but yes it is going to be a fast action game like the origional megaman games.

Quote:
Demo looks good, but I really liked your game Stompy. Had a cool style that isn't very common elsewhere.

Thank you! I'm glad someone really liked it! I've gotton 50/50 reviews about Stompy, some people like it and some people hate it. It got 2 out of 5 stars on allegro.cc. I'm glad you thought it was unique because that is exactly what I was going for. I hope one day to make a 3D version of Stompy using the Nintendo DS (because of the stylus).

Quote:
How long do you expect it to take for the demo to get some enemies in it?

I'll probably have the enemies in there by the end of the week. I designed the engine so that I can add as many levels as I want and only change one line of code to the source. It works perfectly so far. To add enemies, there will be 10 more enemies per stage, so I need to dynamically allocate enemy data. I'm coding it in C so this will be a bit harder without "new". Plus it will probably take an hour to lay out all the enemy sprites and configure them for allegro transparency.

Once again, thank you for all your positive responses!

Sign in to follow this