Sign in to follow this  

Visual C++ Express & Multianimation sample

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm using visual C++ Express and I've set it up so it can compile most things(DX, windows applications), but when I try to build the multi animation sample from Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK Update (December 2004), I get an error. Here's the compiler output: ------ Rebuild All started: Project: MultiAnimation, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'MultiAnimation', configuration 'Debug|Win32' Compiling... dxstdafx.cpp c:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (December 2004)\Include\strsafe.h(5595) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\stdio.h(304) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf' c:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (December 2004)\Include\strsafe.h(5635) : warning C4996: '_vsnwprintf' was declared deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\wchar.h(669) : see declaration of '_vsnwprintf' c:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (December 2004)\Include\strsafe.h(5719) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\stdio.h(304) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf' c:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX 9.0 SDK (December 2004)\Include\strsafe.h(5871) : warning C4996: '_vsnwprintf' was declared deprecated c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include\wchar.h(669) : see declaration of '_vsnwprintf' Compiling... DXUT.cpp DXUTenum.cpp DXUTgui.cpp DXUTmisc.cpp DXUTSettingsDlg.cpp DXUTsound.cpp AllocHierarchy.cpp AnimationInstance.cpp MultiAnimation.cpp MultiAnimationLib.cpp Tiny.cpp Generating Code... Compiling resources... Linking... Merging manifest files... mt.exe:Manifest Authoring error c1010001:Attribute values in different manifest snippets not equal. mt.exe exited with error - A device attached to the system is not functioning. Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 1 returned from 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\mt.exe'. Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Aaron Jones\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\MultiAnimation\Debug\BuildLog.htm" MultiAnimation - 1 error(s), 4 warning(s) ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ========== Any help on how to make it build would be much appreciated.

I should probably give more details.
I've done everything on this site http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/express/visualc/usingpsdk/default.aspx
I've added the directories to the directx sdk dec 2004.
It builds everything else that I've tried building except for multi-animation.

I would atleast like to know if other peoople can get multi-animation to build or if they have the same problems as I do.

Anyway, thanks.

This topic is 4689 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.