rundll32.exe using 95% of CPU

Started by
2 comments, last by Patbert 19 years, 2 months ago
Greetings all I'm having one annoying problem with the game I'm making. After I run and quit the game rundll32.exe keeps running using up 95% of the CPU. It only happens occastionly, say 1 in 5 times but it really makes a difference to the PC's performance after. I'm using Mingw port of GCC with Dev-C++. The game uses OpenGL and GLU32. I also used NeHe's base code. I heard somewhere it was due to bad programming (bah). Any ideas what could be causing it? Patbert.
Advertisement
Hmmm... Maybe a resource leak?
That's a strange one. Why would rundll32 be running at all? Grab a copy of process explorer from sysinternals.com. It will show you which dll's rundll32.exe is using - as well as the command line that launched it. Those clues might help you figure out what exactly is going on.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Yeah, still can't figure it out though. There aren't any more dlls running in RunDll during or after running the game. There doesn't seem to be any real pattern to it occurring either.

If it was a resource leak would it not happen every time I run it? It may just be down to my messed up system.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement