ZEngine problem with devC++

Started by
18 comments, last by cozman 19 years, 2 months ago
Hey again, I just downlaoded ZEngine for devC++, and i followed all the insturctions on the webpage, i linked all the libraries that they told me to link and such, but when i try to compile one of their programs, i keep getting this error [Linker error] undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume' [Linker error] undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0' these are the libraries i'm linking, its what they told me to do. -lmingw32 -lZEngineS -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDLmain -lSDL -lOpenGL32 Is there something i'm missing? Thanks Gavin
-------------------------------------Physics Labhttp://www.physics-lab.netC++ Labhttp://cpp.physics-lab.net
Advertisement
That usually happens when you either create the wrong kind of project(console instead of win32) or you created a c project instead of a c++ one.

2 Things to try:

1. Execute -> Rebuild All
2. MAke a new project(empty as c++) go to project options and change it to win32 application.
__gxx_personality_v0

That means you're trying to compile a C++ program with gcc and not g++.
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
well i tried doing those 2 things, but i'm still getting the same errors :(
-------------------------------------Physics Labhttp://www.physics-lab.netC++ Labhttp://cpp.physics-lab.net
Did you also follow this tutorial? At the end it mentions that you use should use the newest Dev-CPP as well. Are you?
Open the .dev file, find the variable IsCpp and make sure its set to 1, if that doesnt work post your whole compile log.
Yes that was the tutorial i was using and I am using the latest version of dev C++

i checked if iscpp=1 and it was.

this is the compile log:

Compiler: Default compiler
Building Makefile: "C:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\Desktop\test zEngine\Makefile.win"
Executing make...
make.exe -f "C:\Documents and Settings\Gavin\Desktop\test zEngine\Makefile.win" all
g++.exe Untitled1.o -o "Project1.exe" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/lib" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/include" -L"C:/Documents and Settings/Gavin/Desktop/expression_0.2/expression/lib" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/include/ZEngine-0.8.5/lib" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/ZEngine-0.8.5/lib" -L"C:/Dev-Cpp/SDL/lib" -mwindows -lmingw32 -lZEngineS -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lSDL_ttf -lSDLmain -lSDL -lOpenGL32

C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZEngine.o)(.text+0x108):ZE_ZEngine.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZEngine.o)(.text+0x697):ZE_ZEngine.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZEngine.o)(.text+0xdd7):ZE_ZEngine.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZEngine.o)(.text+0x1039):ZE_ZEngine.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZEngine.o)(.text+0x110c):ZE_ZEngine.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZEngine.o)(.text+0x24e5):ZE_ZEngine.cpp: more undefined references to `_Unwind_Resume' follow
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZEngine.o)(.eh_frame+0x12):ZE_ZEngine.cpp: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(VersionInfo.o)(.text+0x65):VersionInfo.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(VersionInfo.o)(.text+0xd5):VersionInfo.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(VersionInfo.o)(.text+0x2f7):VersionInfo.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(VersionInfo.o)(.eh_frame+0x12):VersionInfo.cpp: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZError.o)(.text+0xa0):ZE_ZError.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZError.o)(.text+0x53e):ZE_ZError.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'

C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZError.o)(.text+0x61e):ZE_ZError.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZError.o)(.text+0x72b):ZE_ZError.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZError.o)(.text+0x9d9):ZE_ZError.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZError.o)(.eh_frame+0x12):ZE_ZError.cpp: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_ZRect.o)(.eh_frame+0x11):ZE_ZRect.cpp: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_Utility.o)(.text+0x57):ZE_Utility.cpp: undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libZEngineS.a(ZE_Utility.o)(.eh_frame+0x12):ZE_Utility.cpp: undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

make.exe: *** [Project1.exe] Error 1

Execution terminated

and this is the program i'm trying to compile:

//==========================
#include "ZEngine.h"
using namespace ZE;

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
ZEngine *ze = ZEngine::GetInstance();

ze->SetupDisplay(800,600,16,false); //800x600,16bpp,non-fullscreen
ze->CreateDisplay("ZEngine Test");

do
{
ze->CheckEvents(); //always check events

if(ze->IsActive())
{
ze->Clear();

//drawing

ze->Update();
}
} while(!ze->QuitRequested());

ZEngine::ReleaseInstance(); //make sure you release the engine

return 0;
}

//==========================
They appear to be errors built into the library itself...

whats the S for, is there a just libZEngine without the S?
Also, what version of dev-c++ do you have?
Quote:Original post by Gavinl
Yes that was the tutorial i was using and I am using the latest version of dev C++

i checked if iscpp=1 and it was.

1 last suggestion. Try and remove the "-mwindows". I did not see that listed in the guide and you are a using console program so I do not think it is needed.

- Drew

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement