Nehe, more money; more motivation :)

Started by
6 comments, last by Demolition Squad 23 years, 5 months ago
Hi nehe, i think your contest was very nice. but i have a suggestion, I''m not being greedy but could you increase the prize money a little more than 50$. like it''ll give rise to more motivation and competitive entries from overseas? or maybe you can give away some nice gift like a geforce or something? anyway this is just a suggestion... Compliments from, The Demolition Squad.
Compliments, The Demolition Squad
Advertisement
And where does he get the money from to buy a GeForce and just "Give It Away"? I think that the contest was a good idea. So, it didn''t get a whole mass of entires. So what. Quality Not Quantity. What was there, was of a good standard. I do think that there is quite a bit of apathy evident in the number of votes cast however. (I can''t step out of the argument here because I didn''t vote either) But that will get better surely with time.

Yes it would be nice to have a nice big cash prize. But this is a privately funded web site so it all comes out of NeHes pocket. Personally I think that a paragraph on this site about winning the contest and how good the entry was should be prize enough. After all, this site does have a very large following. Nearly all the OpebGL sites I visit have a link back here and it is regularly mentioned on OpenGL.Org.

Maybe if the CD takes off NeHe will have some spare cash for these things? Who knows.

Cant wait for the next competion! How about one that has some physical basis as the theme this time round? Like collisions, springs, gravity or some such thing?

Keep up the good work.

Pete
you are excused for that line of thought

if you hang around here for somemore time you will understand
how things really work here

may the source be with you
Who Me?

Do enlighten me Yoda...
yeeeassss enlighten you i shall yeaaaasssss
the original poster was i talking about yeaaaasssss
comment about you i did not yeaaaaaaasssss
the source is strong in you pete yeeeeassss
Haha.
Right On You Are...
hi,
if nearly all the OpenGL sites have a link back here and it is regularly mentioned on OpenGL.Org this site must be having 1000’s of hits everyday! Why don''t you (nehe) have a look for sponsor? I''ve seen some of your code and i think it is the most praiseworthy work I’ve seen on this topic, so finding someone to fund a contest on your site might not be a problem. You can provide a banner ad on the contests page for them.
Just a suggestion, maybe you haven’t though of this before.

Demolition Squad.

Compliments, The Demolition Squad
Good suggestion. Just make sure you get them NAILED DOWN on the legal side. All they get is an Ad and you get the money.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement