Access Violation

Started by
0 comments, last by Ademan555 19 years, 2 months ago
HI, I have been trying to use Opengl in Borland Builder C++ applications. The glu end gl functions works perfectly but when I build and run using a glut function (like glutJoystickFunc()) it causes an access violation error with the following message: "Access violation at address 10005BE7 in module 'GLUT32.DLL'. Read of address FFFFFFFF." Is not possible to use Glut in Builder C++??
Advertisement
show us the code, a million different things could be causing the access violation, ive never used glut, but doesnt it rely on callbacks? well if you dont set your callback, it could default to ffffffff and then youd get the access violation, but anyways, you should show us the code

hope that helps
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement