Shutterglasses Program

Started by
1 comment, last by Ternary 19 years, 2 months ago
Hello! Has anybody experience in programming a Shutterplayer for Shutterglasses in OpenGL/Glut? I bought consumer shutterglasses (http://www.mediadeal24.de/site/vrEDglasses.htm) and I want to display and view two images in a stereoscopic view. Can someone tell me how to do this with the buffers/swapbuffer/gl_left etc.? Thx, Dave
Advertisement
I believe that when using these glasses, you have to install a driver that takes care of "stereoscopizing" every image you render.

For the effect to work, you gotta make sure you render over 100 frames per second (you need twice as much for the two images).
Yeah you don't need to do anything special programming wise. The glasses should work with any game that uses hardware acceleration for 3D. Although certain programming tricks might not look right (e.g. The glare emitted by windows in Prince of Persia looked either too close or too far - can't remember which).

Actually, at least with nvidia, you don't even need special hardware. Just download the stereo driver and get a pair of reb/blue glasses.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement