Sign in to follow this  
Zizilamoroso

interval prob

Something weird is happening with my 3d apps. I've downloaded some 2d/3d tutorials (like drunken hyena). Now, when I run the already compiled executables that come with them, I get a framerate well over 200 and text is rendered just fine. But after recompiling it myself (without changing anything to the code or project settings), framerate drops to 60 and some glitches appear when rendering text. The same thing happens when creating a fresh dx app. Anyone knows what's going on here? btw: interval=D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE visual studio 7.0 dx9.0c release Investigating further makes it even worse. When I use D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_IMMEDIATE, the apps runs at 60 fps which is the system's default framerate. WHen I use D3DPRESENT_INTERVAL_DEFAULT, it runs at 50 fps, even 10 fps below the default. This doesn't happen when recompiling official dx sample code.

Are you definitely linking against the right libraries? and not linking to debug versions by mistake?

Also, with regards to the interval - some drivers change this for you depending on what you've set in the respective driver settings. Doesn't sound like this is your problem, but it might be something you want to bare in mind..

hth
Jack

Quote:
Original post by Zizilamoroso
I've never installed the debug version, so no conflict possible.

I meant the debug lib files. I think you'll still end up with those on your system if you've installed the SDK. Not installing the runtime may just mean that these will fail to work when loaded (and you cant select the debug runtime from the control panel). Check your project settings - the debug libs are often denoted with a trailing "d" in the filename.

As a general aside - it's very worth while having the debug runtimes on your system, they make things a whole lot easier [smile].

hth
Jack

I'm a programmer that doesn't make any errors, so I don't need debuggers :) looool

No kidding, I use debuggers on any sort of program but just not with direct-x apps. I've had some serious version problems with debug/retail installed. After a few full windows reinstalls, I had enough (back in the win95/98 days). That and the fact that a debug version runs much slower.

But then again... solved my problem by uninstalling december sdk and installing february sdk. It works fine now!