Sign in to follow this  
kapru

Learning Vertex shaders

Im just starting to learn shaders and am alittle stuck on a shader im making for my landscape. Its ment to take 2 vertex streams and merge them together. Here i fill the buffers for(i=0;i<64;i++) for(j=0;j<64;j++) { vert[j*64+i].pos = D3DXVECTOR3((float)i,0.0f,(float)j); vert2[j*64+i].pos = 0.0f; } here is the decleration for the shader D3DVERTEXELEMENT9 decl[] = { { 0, 0, D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT3, D3DDECLMETHOD_DEFAULT, D3DDECLUSAGE_POSITION, 0 }, { 1, 0, D3DDECLTYPE_FLOAT1, D3DDECLMETHOD_DEFAULT, D3DDECLUSAGE_POSITION, 1 }, D3DDECL_END() }; LPD3DXBUFFER pCode; device->CreateVertexDeclaration( decl, &g_pVertexDeclaration ); here i set the vertes streams device->SetStreamSource(0,Verts,0,sizeof(D3DXVECTOR3)); device->SetStreamSource(1,Verts2,0,sizeof(float)); and here is the shader (hack from ms shader) float4x4 mWorldViewProj; // World * View * Projection transformation float fTime; // Time parameter. This keeps increasing struct VS_OUTPUT { float4 Position : POSITION; // vertex position float4 Diffuse : COLOR0; // vertex diffuse color }; VS_OUTPUT Ripple( in float3 vPosition : POSITION ,in float vHeight : POSITION) { VS_OUTPUT Output; float fSin, fCos; float x = length( vPosition ) * sin( fTime ) * 15.0f; // This HLSL intrinsic computes returns both the sine and cosine of x sincos( x, fSin, fCos ); // Change the y of the vertex position based on a function of time // and transform the vertex into projection space. Output.Position = mul( float4( vPosition.x, vHeight,vPosition.z, 1.0f ), mWorldViewProj ); // Output the diffuse color as function of time and // the vertex's object space position Output.Diffuse = 0.5f - 0.5f * fCos;; // Output the diffuse color as function of time and // the vertex's object space position return Output; } the problem is that it isnt using the second source properly any ideas?

The input position semantics should be POSITION0 and POSITION1.

VS_OUTPUT Ripple( in float3 vPosition : POSITION0 ,in float vHeight : POSITION1)

the number corresponds to the usage index (the last number in your declaration).