Sign in to follow this  
phil05

need advice for a book i'm writing

I'm starting to write a book about programming dynamic RPGs using C# as a focused language. It's mainly for those who finished the general C# study and would like to apply it to games using the console for algorithm development rather than throwing in extra code like forms and Managed DirectX. So, with this being the case, I was wondering if I can get your input possibly as of what I can throw in the bindings of this book. Examples would be creating player/enemy objects, combat, random generators for rumors, quest development, and more. I already have the book all planned, but I wish to hear of what you want in it as well. Any advice is helpful! Thanks, Phil

Dynamic is my way of saying the game won't be static as in "what you see is what you get," but it has several randomly-generated features, downloading current files on servers, saving to servers, etc. in the game that makes the world feel like it's really alive. This way when you read this book and write your first RPG, chances are you'll have a better understanding instead of just the general C# syntax. Least thats the hope :) But if you have any ideas that can expand with this book, I'd really enjoy to hear them before I get too far in the book. And yes, I'm thinking it will be free on the net :)

Its really nice to see that u r writing a game development book

My suggetions for the book are

Try to include atleast one chapter about planning of the game explaining different phases in the game development.
Try to develop a small game from scratch starting from opening to ending chapters rather than writing independent examples.
GameAI is the area which lacks in most of the books so give a bit more stress on that.

Well thats some suggetions
Wish u best of luck
Plz notify me when ur book is finished
I really wanna see the book

Thnkx