Web based game...opinions?

Started by
1 comment, last by kwackers 19 years, 2 months ago
Hey A freind and i are remaking an online game, which is a graphical/text based turn based strategy. There is only one turn a day, and the major graphic of the game is a server-side generated map...i was wondering if it would be better to remake the game in PHP or C++. The only real thing that PHP couldnt do is the map generation, which takes paramaters and can change real time, but everything else is pretty much written in ASP...what would the advantages/disadvantages be from one language to another? The original game is a combination of C++ and ASP, with the server side apps interfacing with the SQL database and the ASP using the output of that for what you see. So...any opinions as to what we should do? c ps. I dont wanna mention the game we are remaking, but we do have permission from the original owners :)
gib.son
Advertisement
If you can do it in anything you like, how about ASP.Net? It can do the image generation just as well as any other language platform, and it should interface somewhat well with your existing ASP codebase.
Turring Machines are better than C++ any day ^_~
Why can't PHP do the images?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement