Sign in to follow this  
hellraiser18

Need some help

hellraiser18    122
Ok, me and a few people are going to make a game, and we want to know what stuff we need to get. The only thing we know we are getting is the Torque Game Engine from GarageGames. The game we want to make is a fprpg(First Person Role Playing Game) Like The Elder Scrolls 3:Morrowind. Post programs, books, etc. that will help us. P.S. We don't want to spend a fortune, but we can spend a lil' bit.

We can't really answer you're question effectively without knowing you and your team's skill level. If you're total beginners and have never programmed before, all I can say is "Good Luck!", because you'll need it... a lot of it.

But, I'll still try to answer your question. In terms of books, check out "Programming Role-Playing Games with DirectX". The book is, as the title says, based on DirectX, so none of the code will work for you since you're using Torque, but the concepts should be language/API independent.

Beyond that, there's not much I can say without knowing more about your skill level and the project in general.