search option for html pages

Started by
4 comments, last by Xtremehobo 19 years, 2 months ago
hi everyone, i have to do a tutorial,which must have a search option. so if a user must have to find a particular tutorial he types the keywords and my prog should display all the related tutorial. how can i design such tutorial using html? can anyone help me.
Advertisement
I don't think you can do this with just HTML, you're going to want to look into a server-side scripting language like PHP.
ok i know scripting lang -asp
now how can i have a search option using this?
Quote:Original post by ballack
ok i know scripting lang -asp
now how can i have a search option using this?

Well I don't do much web stuff, but what I would do is save the actual tutorial itself (the text) in a file, so that you can load it up using ASP and search it through that. Whenever you run into occurances of the keyword in question, then print out the text around it using ASP. I've never used ASP, but I'm sure the idea would be the same as PHP.
can using <Meta> tag help in searching?
<meta> is used by large commercial search engines to help index pages and give important information about the contents of a page.

If you'd like, you could implement code in your search script to read these meta tags and process their information, however, there's no "special function" that "uses" meta tags... you have to write the code your self.
pixelwrench.com | [email="matt[nospam]@pixelwrench[nospam]com"]email[/email] lethalhamster: gamedev keeps taking my money, but im too lazy to not let them

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement