2D pbuffers

Started by
2 comments, last by zedzeek 19 years, 2 months ago
For the last day or so, I've been trying to get pbuffers working on both linux and windows. I figured that the easiest thing to do to test to see if they were working was to render some 2d geometry to them. I had no luck the past couple days. Very strange things would appear like setting the raster pos to 0,0, then retrieving the raster pos and seeing it alternate between 479 and 579 in the y coordinate. I tried rendering the same stuff to a second window and it worked fine (c+p all rendering code). Just today, I tried some 3d stuff just for kicks, and it worked. I don't know how or why, but it just does. It appears that 2D stuff is just broken. Could this be a driver bug? Or is there something special I need to do in order to draw in 2D for a pbuffer short of generating my own modelview/projection matrices?
Legends Development Team
Advertisement
some relivent code might be handy...
It's hard to paste code because it's all intermixed into different classes and such. The strange thing is that if I create a window and a pbuffer of the same size, then execute the same exact rendering code, the window displays properly, and the pbuffer is empty. If I do the same test with some 3d rendering code, the window and pbuffer are identical.

I did hear somewhere that pbuffer support was broken in the latest nvidia drivers for 6800's (I have a 6600GT), but I seem to recall that it was only for their linux drivers. I decided to try it on windows as well with the same result.

I have to get to class in a minute, so I'll try and paste some code when I get back.
Legends Development Team
pbuffers will become obsolete shortly replaced with framebuffer_object

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement