Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
fproto

Alpha Blending Messed Up

This topic is 4875 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts

Hey guys. I've done this so many times before, and not once has it turned out like this. [image] The left is the one with alpha, the right one is opaque. My blending is set to SRC: SRCALPHA, and DEST: INVSRCALPHA. I enabled depth testing. My model was imported from 3DS Max, and I disabled culling. Please help. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advertisement
yes i have tried both.
disabling z would make it less although still messed up.
and i don't know why i would have to sort it.
when i worked with beginner tutorials when i was just starting out on directx,
i never had to sort anything. and it worked fine.

any other suggestions? thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well with backface culling, it only shows the front faces.
with frontface culling, it only shows the back faces.
and i would like to see both. that's why i'm using blending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Anonymous Poster
It will look better (cheap man's sorting, not perfect but good) if you:

1 Set backface culling to only show the back faces
2 Draw the object
3 Set backface culling to only show the front faces
4 Draw the object again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement
×

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!