• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
howbizarre79

Occlusion Techniques !!!

This topic is 4872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, Finally I am done with ABTs, thanks to all the people at GameDev. Now the next step is to have occlusion culling. To start with I will like to know what are the techniques available for the purpose and where can i find information on those techniques. I have read the Occlusion Threads in "Greatest Hits by Yann" Section, but I will really appreciate if someone can send me links, where I can find further information on the various techniques mentioned. Regards, Hussain

Advertisement
hi howbizzare97,

i don't want to be impolite, but i think the best resource in your case is - as
often - www.google.com; no one here at gamedev.net will know all the
interesting links by heart, so using google will be much more effective for
you than waiting here for a reply...

But don't hesitate to ask if you need - though - any further advice...

1) The dPVS manual contains a lot of interesting stuff: http://www.hybrid.fi/main/dpvs/download.php
[also take a look around the rest of their site]

2) I'd agree with Alex - a little Google action can go a long way. Doing the research is a big part of solving any problem...

This topic is 4872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.