Xenallure Update

Started by
10 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years ago
For anyone who remembers the Collaborative Game Story thread a few months ago, this is a note to let you know that Avatar God and I completed reorganizing it as _Xenallure: A Tapestry Of Hearts_, and are continuing to develop the game's design. We completed the worldbuilding design and are currently working mainly on gameplay and story design. We also have a few concept artists now. :) For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, Xenallure is a science/fantasy single player RPG with a focus on romance and puzzle-solving. Our goal in designing it is to create an extremely immersive game with deep characters, a vivid interactive story, and philosophical themes, mainly ethics. If his interests you, please feel free to have a look at our Design Doc! :) We are currently recruiting people willing to write romance, concept artists, especially those who can draw shoujo anime style, and we would also be happy to hear from anyone willing to critique the design doc and make suggestions for improving the game design or the document itself.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
Its great to see that you guys were able to make something out of it. I'm not overly abe to do a whole lot of work still (school is making it very difficult =P) , but if you need a small side story or anything like that. I'm fairly good at writing things dealing with shy love. But if you need anything else I might be able to help, I'm fairly good at doing game design.

So, let me know.

--Terlenth
--Ter'Lenth
Quote:Original post by Terlenth
Its great to see that you guys were able to make something out of it. I'm not overly abe to do a whole lot of work still (school is making it very difficult =P) , but if you need a small side story or anything like that. I'm fairly good at writing things dealing with shy love. But if you need anything else I might be able to help, I'm fairly good at doing game design.

So, let me know.

--Terlenth

Hmm, shy love sounds like Follow's subplot to me, if you're down with crossdressing hermaphrodites. ;) Or maybe Kitten if you want a normal female character, although Kitten's not so much shy as innocent and naive. Kitten is Avatar God's responsability, but I'm sure he'd be happy to hear any ideas you had for her story, and I would be happy to hear any ideas you had for Follow's story. Just reading through the character section of the game design doc should bring you up to speed on the ideas we already have for them (make sure you read Lion's section too since it talks about both of them). So whenever you can find some free time from school, why don't you read through that and let us know any ideas you have for either of them? :)

As for the game design itself, we're working on that currently in the private development forum gamedev has generously provided for us, so if you wanted to join the discussion about gameplay design you would have to join our team to be given access to the forum. Would you like to do that, or would you prefer to just help casually by coming up with ideas for the characters?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I don't know if I'll have the time to help out fully, but I would love to help out in anyway I can (provided you don't mind if not everything is done all that quickly =P).

If either of you want to send me a sort of outline you have for either of those characters, I will take a look and see what I can do.

--Ter'Lenth
Hey well I was wondering what happened to all the stuff we had worked on. Although I still think that the names need work S/S I would be interested in writing a small portion of the story perhaps a mini game or substory. Since, I know all of the discusion that we had creating this story it wouldn't be to hard.

Critic: The design doc you have needs a little more enthusiasm with philosophical questions and should probably ask and asnwer question of modern and pre-modern philosophies. I will be willing to help with the research in that end and provide you with a few well writen papers on subjects involving the characters.

Good to see that all our bickering wasn't completely wasted!
What am I chop liver? No response hmmmm! ok then.
Heh, well, I haven't seen s/s around in a few days (on the forums, that is).
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Quote:Original post by Terlenth
I don't know if I'll have the time to help out fully, but I would love to help out in anyway I can (provided you don't mind if not everything is done all that quickly =P).

If either of you want to send me a sort of outline you have for either of those characters, I will take a look and see what I can do.
That did sound like Kitten [grin].
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Sorry guys, I've been really sick for more than a week now, haven't been able to concentrate enough to post much. 5MG and Terlenth, of you are interested in working on a character or substory, why don't you take a look at the cast of characters thread I am about to post and tell me if you see anything there you'd particularly like to work on?

Since I wasn't there before the design document argumentation took place, I can't know for sure, but...

What is the reason invoqued for having two races with opposed means of life? What I mean is simple. If Magic is around, as a liable mean of easing out the surviving, why would anyone want to use anything else, hence the researches that would mean the appearance of technology of any sort. If the technos existed before, then how did the magicals came into existence? Were they the results of some sort of Cloning and ADN-mixing experiences? Does the magic they use result from this strange mix? What makes them biologically different from the technos to allow them to use magic and not the technos? How is magic used? What are its mechanics?

If my previous assumption that the "magicals" are the product of experimentation, they can also be that of the spirituals'. And to some extent, so could the technos, but in a different way (hermaphrodits). Then it begs to answer the following questions "why would the spirituals need to do these experimentations?" and "why did the technos pick up the use of technology (possibly an easily accessible part of the spirituals') whereas the magicals did not, being both offsprings of the same experiments tanks?"

Or maybe, the "magical" name is just there for lack of a better term, and not relating in any way to what people usually mean by "magic"? Then, it would be a good thing to change it to reflect more the semi-animalistic nature of that people, rather to some sort of science they know nothing of, ie magic.

Anyway, the work you've done is rather impressive. great job!

Yours faithfully,
Nicolas FOURNIALS

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement