Sign in to follow this  

setting up direct3d 9.0 with devcpp 5

This topic is 4683 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by unknownProdigy
I can't seem to compile simple direct3D applications. Can anyone give me a hand?

I may be wrong, but doesn't Direct9 only support .net, and visual studio 7??

Either way, I think Vc5++ is outdated?

Sorry, sucks when technology moves ahead, we have to keep up.

-- Walk away VERY slowly MikHaven, I guess their are more programming languages out their then Vc++, although why you would use them... is your choice, my bad, and good luck.

[Edited by - MikHaven on February 18, 2005 12:43:33 AM]

Download the devpack fromm the "check for updates and packages" part under the tools menue. Worked for me. Then when remember you have to use the .dll files when your running the program that come with the devpack. They can be found in the dll folder inside of the Dev-C++ directory.

To know what libs to link to use one of the templates that come with the package and then go to project->options->parameters and copy the text, those are the libraries you need.

you download the package called directx90 in pakmanager i think. I am at work now so dont remember the names correctly

you may also have to include the SDK/include in your include path

This topic is 4683 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.