• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
yewbie

how to: change windows title?

This topic is 4846 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok when i create a window with like so hWndMain=CreateWindowEx(0,"mycrappywindowsclass",WINTITLE, WS_VISIBLE ,0,0,300,250,NULL,NULL,hInstMain,NULL); the 3rd argument sets the windows title... now my question is, is there a way to change this windows title from inside the code without recreating the window itself?? ive seen other programs do it.. what im trying to do is display some debuging information on the title bar... any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Advertisement
nm i solved this, i just created a secondary console to handle output information, and you can set the title of that window by calling SetConsoleTitle, but if someone can get me information now how to set a actual window title that would be great!

Thanks a ton, heh i was looking through msdn for like a hour, :/ guess you have to know what your looking for you, you rock!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!