24 bgr-rgb

Started by
10 comments, last by OoMMMoO 23 years, 5 months ago
How do you change bgr to rgb when loading a bitmap?
Advertisement
r2 = b1;
g2 = g1;
b2 = r1;
???

"Paranoia is the belief in a hidden order behind the visible." - Anonymous
Or...

__asm
{
mov eax,color
mov ebx,eax
shr eax,16
rol bx,8
shl ebx,16
shr ebx,8
or eax,ebx
mov color,eax
}

Something like that, I think...

"Paranoia is the belief in a hidden order behind the visible." - Anonymous

Edited by - Staffan on October 31, 2000 2:29:22 PM
newcolor=((color&16711680)>>16)+(color&65280)+((color&255)<<16)

Sludge Software
www.sludgesoft.com
Developing a secret of mana style role-playing-game
Sludge Softwarewww.sludgesoft.comDeveloping a secret of mana style role-playing-game
BTW. "Normally" 32-bit display format is like:
A mask 0xFF000000
R mask 0x00FF0000
G mask 0x0000FF00
B mask 0x000000FF

Have you seen any video cards which don''t support this format? I ask this, because I''m assuming (to optimize code) this display format in my game engine.

-Jussi

"Don''t do that, it''s legal!"
Since this topic is related enough to my question, I am going to ask here instead of a new thread...

Could someone tell me how to extract the RGB components from a 16 bit color? I have a macro that makes 16 bit colors, but I don''t have one that takes 16 bit colors to make r, g and b values. I *think* my DD surface is 5r-6g-5b bits.

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming

You are unique. Just like everybody else.

Yanroy@usa.com

Visit the ROAD Programming Website for more programming help.

--------------------

You are not a real programmer until you end all your sentences with semicolons; (c) 2000 ROAD Programming
You are unique. Just like everybody else.
"Mechanical engineers design weapons; civil engineers design targets."
"Sensitivity is adjustable, so you can set it to detect elephants and other small creatures." -- Product Description for a vibration sensor

Yanroy@usa.com

#define GETRED16(c) (( (c) & (31<<11)) >> 11)
#define GETGREEN16(c) (( (c) & (63<<5)) >> 5)
#define GETBLUE16(c) (( (c) & (31)))

Edited by - clonemaker on November 1, 2000 10:49:02 AM
cmaker- I do not make clones.
quote:Original post by Selkrank

BTW. "Normally" 32-bit display format is like:
A mask 0xFF000000
R mask 0x00FF0000
G mask 0x0000FF00
B mask 0x000000FF

Have you seen any video cards which don''t support this format? I ask this, because I''m assuming (to optimize code) this display format in my game engine.

-Jussi

"Don''t do that, it''s legal!"

You can''t assume this. Some cards are ARGB, some are RGBA, others are BGRA, still others are ABGR. Normally, your api will provide you with an interface for setting pixel-color that is video-card independent.
quote:Original post by FordPrefect

You can't assume this. Some cards are ARGB, some are RGBA, others are BGRA, still others are ABGR. Normally, your api will provide you with an interface for setting pixel-color that is video-card independent.

Sigh. Here are my color structure and pixel plotting function. Any clever ideas to make them multiple-format compatible?

struct RGBA{  union  {    unsigned long data;    struct    {      unsigned char r;      unsigned char g;      unsigned char b;      unsigned char a;    }  }};inline void DisplayClass::Draw(unsigned long x, unsigned long y, const RGBA& color){  m_SurfacePointer[x + y * m_SurfacePitch] = color.data;}    

-Jussi

"No need to hurry, you've got a whole life ahead. Oops, actually, had."

Edited by - Selkrank on November 2, 2000 5:56:54 AM
Maybe a good idea: Take over the pixel data that is saved in the sprites.
You can change the pixel format in your sprite loading routine.

Sludge Software
www.sludgesoft.com
Developing a secret of mana style role-playing-game
Sludge Softwarewww.sludgesoft.comDeveloping a secret of mana style role-playing-game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement