Sign in to follow this  
spacemonkeystudios

A 'Would you buy...'

a game that was essentially based in a supermarket. you have to race around the supermarket collecting items and get out quickly. there could also be other modes where there is a race or something. also being able to run around and jump over things, knock items to the floor etc... what do you think? would you pay for this game? need help to make it tho

JohnBSmall    881
Crazy-taxi style, but with shopping trolleys?

Edit: Seriously, is that the kind of thing you were thinking of?

Hmm.... maybe.

Can I run around knocking old people over like bowling pins?

John B

[Edited by - JohnBSmall on February 15, 2005 12:59:03 PM]

Gyrthok    412
Maybe like Fallout Shopping, if i get a shotgun and have to fight over whats in the super market against other wasteland denizens, that would be pretty cool.

JohnBSmall    881
Quote:
Original post by spacemonkeystudios
lol, hyea...what about a pro gamer training FPS, where pro gamers can hone their skills on a game that has some of the features of some of the big competition games?

Well... I wouldn't pay for that (if I was a pro gamer, then I would no doubt have several games I could use for training anyway - so I wouldn't buy something to do that). I'd be more interested in the crazy-trolley thing (if it was executed right).

John B

lucky_monkey    440
Quote:
Original post by Gyrthok
Maybe like Fallout Shopping, if i get a shotgun and have to fight over whats in the super market against other wasteland denizens, that would be pretty cool.
awesome [inlove]

[looksaround]

Grim    241
Don't forget to include the deathmatch mode, where clerks fight each other (i.e. mark each other down) with pricing guns.

Benjamin Heath    925
Having worked in a supermarket before, yes I would play it. It'd be a real try-before-you-buy, though. And honestly I would've done it from the bottom-rung employee's perspective (ie: the bag boy's [wink]).

mwlinnem    124
Isn't there a gameshow like this called Supermarket Sweep? I remember seeing it during the day on weekdays, when I was sick and home from school. Perhaps it would appeal to the untapped video-game demographic of bored housewives?

MindFlayer    262
I got this kind of game for free a few years ago (from a local market as a part of marketing campaign). Needless to say it was rather horrible :). I didn't play it very much.

zike22    163
If the game was like mario cart double dash or biker mice from mars (on the snes), i'd buy it. And what kind of help do you need??