Books

Started by
8 comments, last by maximAL 19 years, 1 month ago
Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section. I couldn't find a better place to put it? I got some books to read to teach myself before i go into college and i wanted all of you opinion on if they are good or not. Beginning Game Programming by Jonathan S. Harbour Sams Teach Yourself C in 21 days sisth edition by Bradley L. Jones and Peter Aitken Game Development Essentials by Jeannie Novak i have some older c books C by example so do you guys think these are good books to get me started? *if i posted this in wrong place im sorry...*
Advertisement
Beginning Game Programming is a nice introduction but requires you to know C/C++

as for the other two... I haven't read them but you can see the book reviews under the resources column on this site.
The man within the man. The love within the love. The sin within the sin.
Best book I've read for learning C++
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
They are expensive ! Is there a book (with 200 pages) that under $15 ?
Yesterday, I bought a C++ book for only Rp 107000 (or at least $12.25) with 922 pages ! (Indonesian title : "PANDUAN PEMROGRAMAN VISUAL C++")
Amazon have a second hand copy for $22.00, I have to agree Lafore is very good at explaining the material.

I'm pretty dubious about any learn XYZ in So Many Days, or Such and Such for dummies, The Sams Teach yourself C in 21 days is...pants, the Lafore one is pretty floorless.
Object-Oriented Programming in C++, 4th ed

ill check it out and see if it is better for me. thanks for the replys and the help
http://mindview.net/Books

Thinking in C++ volumes 1 & 2 by Bruce Eckel are excellent and free to download in electronic format. You can also buy them in physical form.
Thinking in C++ By Brue Eckel

These books are free to download.

Here's the URL:
http://www.mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html
Thank you all. Reading time
regarding thinking in C++, vol. 2:
i got a pdf file of it, but it is rather old (2000). as far as i see, the latest html-version dates 2003. has anyone seen a pdf of it? i wanted to print some of the STL stuff...
------------------------------------------------------------Jawohl, Herr Oberst!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement