• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
renderpaz2

My DX9 Game, soon to be Open-Sourced

This topic is 4871 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, I'm a student at RIT and i recently did an independant study in game dev, namely for new hardware. Its been done in C++, with Direct X 9 and HLSL. Over the last 10 weeks I have produced a moderately powerful game engine, with collision detection, vertex tween animation, per-pixel lighting, a particle system with pseudo-volumetric rendering abilities. When i clean up the code, i'll post a link to the source. Due to the time constraints the code is not "robust" as far as Direct X goes. For how here is an image and a video of some gameplay. *note* the game does have sound but i cannot record it the same way i do the vid did i mention i'm looking for an internship this summer? well i am :) AVI movie 3mb MOV movie 20mb

Advertisement
looks great!

I snuck around and found your game+src through your website.
Think it was game9.zip.

But when I try to run the game, it just crashes :(

I'm glad you found it, though that is a much older version of the code, and its very dirty...the reason it crashed and i should put a little message indicating so, is probably one of the following: you don't have dx9c, or you don't have a vid card with PS model 3 support

Hi there!

uhm...looks really great. :D
downloaded the src (link on your side), and had a look into the code.
brought up one question:
- how did you generate the txt-files for level geometry and character model?
or...what tools did you use?

plz let us know when the latest version of the src code is available!!
i think you did a great job in that short period of time.

regards,
- christoph -

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!