My DX9 Game, soon to be Open-Sourced

Started by
4 comments, last by Acid-Chris 19 years, 2 months ago
Hey all, I'm a student at RIT and i recently did an independant study in game dev, namely for new hardware. Its been done in C++, with Direct X 9 and HLSL. Over the last 10 weeks I have produced a moderately powerful game engine, with collision detection, vertex tween animation, per-pixel lighting, a particle system with pseudo-volumetric rendering abilities. When i clean up the code, i'll post a link to the source. Due to the time constraints the code is not "robust" as far as Direct X goes. For how here is an image and a video of some gameplay. *note* the game does have sound but i cannot record it the same way i do the vid did i mention i'm looking for an internship this summer? well i am :) AVI movie 3mb MOV movie 20mb
Advertisement
That is cool, I cant wait for the source
Insufficent Information: we need more infromationhttp://staff.samods.org/aiursrage2k/
looks great!

I snuck around and found your game+src through your website.
Think it was game9.zip.

But when I try to run the game, it just crashes :(
I'm glad you found it, though that is a much older version of the code, and its very dirty...the reason it crashed and i should put a little message indicating so, is probably one of the following: you don't have dx9c, or you don't have a vid card with PS model 3 support
PS 3.0! Well that explains it [wink]
Hi there!

uhm...looks really great. :D
downloaded the src (link on your side), and had a look into the code.
brought up one question:
- how did you generate the txt-files for level geometry and character model?
or...what tools did you use?

plz let us know when the latest version of the src code is available!!
i think you did a great job in that short period of time.

regards,
- christoph -

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement