I have an Idea for a game, what than?

Started by
5 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 2 months ago
Hello people! My name is Alex Tamarin and i am from israel. I have an idea for a game which actualy present a simulation of an online disco\club in which people can enter as a 3d models (all the disco will have preety rich 3d design!) talk to each other, hook up,dance and much more.. but its not so omportant right noW! (: Lets start from that that i cant realize this project by myself because of my very poor knowledge. I understand that it is preety massive project which contains 3d programming+multiplayer mode... something like "Sims" I would say.. I realy want to realize it and I have plans how to make a good money of it. My question is what should I do? I would like to suggest this idea to large game company like MAXIS (which already has engines for such simulation) but will they talk to me at all? how do I protect my idea? what if they will steal it from me? Suggesting this idea to a company its just an idea.. I dont know how stuff works in this buisness world! can somebody explain me please and suggest me what should I do and which options do I have?! Thank you very much! Alex Tamarin.
Advertisement
Answered by a pro.

I recommend you give the whole site a good read too.

shmoove
thnx, i'll read it!
common.. I want to here more replies!
Game ideas are worth a Dime a Dozen - meaning any company already has more ideas than people to make them.
As Shmoove says..the Sloperama site will give you the education you need to start ;)
Quote:Original post by B0necrack3R1
thnx, i'll read it!
common.. I want to here more replies!

OK, different pro, same answer... http://obscure.co.uk/faq_idea.shtml

Put simply if the game idea is great then it is great enough for you to put in the effort to learn and make it yourself. If it isn't worth your time (the person who thought of it) to get it made then it isn't worth anyone else's time.
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Quote: I have an idea for a game which actualy present a simulation of an online disco\club in which people can enter as a 3d models (all the disco will have preety rich 3d design!) talk to each other, hook up,dance and much more..

Done. Go buy Sid Meyer's Pirates. Besides the dancing part, there is a *real* game behind it...
Quote: I would like to suggest this idea to large game company
It works the other way around mostly. Publishers come up with the idea and shop around for a capable development house to make it. Unless you are sitting on a huge pile of money or can gather investors on short notice, the known way to become a publisher is to first get into the industry and climb the ladders. What? Did you really think there was a quick and foolproof way to get to the top without spending any of your own money, blood, sweat, tears and time?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement