WM_MOUSELEAVE Message

Started by
5 comments, last by Emmanuel Deloget 19 years, 1 month ago
I want to process the WM_MOUSELEAVE message, but my compiler doesn't recognize it. I already checked to see if I included windows.h. What else do I need?
Advertisement
According to MSDN, a minimal OS of 'Windows 98' or 'Windows NT 4.0'. Since I assume you have either or and you have #include <windows.h>, make sure you have not done any of the #define VCLEANMEAN, etc.. Those might remove a few things that you need. Lastly what compiler are you using?

- Drew
According to the MSDN it's in Winuser.h (included from windows.h). Make sure you have the latest version of the platform SDK (MSVC 6 has an old version).
Windows Messages are just defines, so at the top of your wndproc or wherever just put this:

#define WM_MOUSELEAVE 0x02A3

and you should be fine

Jeff.
Quote:Original post by Drew_Benton
According to MSDN, a minimal OS of 'Windows 98' or 'Windows NT 4.0'. Since I assume you have either or and you have #include <windows.h>, make sure you have not done any of the #define VCLEANMEAN, etc.. Those might remove a few things that you need. Lastly what compiler are you using?

- Drew

Drew was partly right here.

You have to define these values before you #include <windows.h>

// for NT4 min#define WINVER       0x0400#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0400// or for 98 min#define WINVER       0x0410#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0410

See this msdn article about using the windows headers.

HTH,
No, I have XP, but I think Evil Steve was right - I haven't updated in a while. Thanks for the quick replies!
Quote:Original post by thejoshinator
No, I have XP, but I think Evil Steve was right - I haven't updated in a while. Thanks for the quick replies!

This has nothing to do with your OS. These defines aloow you to use features that targets at least these OS. You can use XP to build programs that will target Win95 machines. Or you can use Win98 to build programs that will target only XP SP2.

Regards,

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement