Sign in to follow this  
Leviathan3328

[.net] Can someone suggest a book

Leviathan3328    116
Hi guys, I was wondering if someone can sugget a book for learning c#. I am currently fluient in C++ so I am not quiet sure what kind book would be good for me to get. Any suggestions? Thanks

Drew_Benton    1861
I bought not too long ago: "Microsoft C# Language Specifications". I have not yet read it, but I got it to learn C#. I'd say it's a great book just by glancing through it and it would be worth your while to get it. Try to see if a library has it to see if it is what you need. I can say that I do not know any C#, but just by looking through the first pages, I know I can easily learn by reading this book. If you need additional info on this book, just ask and I will take a look through the book to see if it has what you need. Hope this helps!

- Drew

PS It has a MSDN logo, so they know what they are talking about [wink].

phil05    100
"Professional C#" by www.wrox.com is great. It teaches the basics in the first few chapters, but after that, it gets into more important subjects that relate to C#. It assumes you have experience with C++, Java or VB.

Phil

dohtem    251
Quote:
Original post by philvaira
"Professional C#" by www.wrox.com is great. It teaches the basics in the first few chapters, but after that, it gets into more important subjects that relate to C#. It assumes you have experience with C++, Java or VB.

Phil

I second that. I own a copy and the book is just too good.

PnP Bios    494
I recently bought C#, step by step from microsoft press. I like it, but with how big it is, full source listings would be nice. For the most part, it has you do stuff with the form designer, which is good, but from what I have read so far, it leaves a bunch of stuff unexplained. Perhaps after I read through it past chapter 11, it will make more sense.

But yeah, so far, it's been an easy read.