clipping bug

Started by
5 comments, last by Tomkh 23 years, 5 months ago
I encounter clipping bug in PRGFX_Line and PRGFX_PutBlock8bit (PR 3.07) It seems that active viewport region (or PRGFX_Clip region) doesn''t clip lines or blocks... drawing blocks outside viewport causes system crash Anyone found similiar problem?
developer
Advertisement

Hi Tomkh

The only time I had this cliping problem was when using a viewport of a diffrent size with T&L enabled. The image did not clip to the viewport nor did it scale to the size of the viewport. I am currently using PR4 Beta 1. It seems this is a bug that chris is probably aware of and will probably be fixed some time in the near future. I not sure about what kind of bugs were in PR3.07 and what they were at the time of release. Scrolling down Egerter Software News it seems the first T&L beta was started with version 3.07. My guess is that you have T&L enabled. The viewport function works fine when the T&L is disabled. Hope that helps.

Doug
I''ve used the clipping with 3.07 without T&L and I can varify that it worked just fine for me.

Gary
I''m not using T&L (in fact i have a voodoo3 and PR 3.07)
Polygon clipper works fine,
even for PRGFX_Rectangle everything is ok.
But as i said, PRGFX_Line doesn''t work...
maybe i did something wrong...
i''ll be pleased if someone show me a simple example that clips the PRGFX_Line through the PRGFX_Clip region... (or even active viewport)

my example doesn''t work:
PRGFX_Clip( 100, 100, 200, 200);
PRGFX_Line( 100, 0, -100, 300);

Best regards,
Tomkh
developer
PRGFX_Line has no clipping in it. It was designed for making a GUI and not rendering wireframe objects. It uses linear frame buffer writes so don''t use it if you can use hardware accelerated lines instead.

Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)
i know that it uses lfb for writes, and i use it for GUI..
what about PRGFX_PutBlock8bit, has it clipping or not ?

developer
Yes PRGFX_Putblockbit does have clipping. If it''s not working it''s a bug and you should send me an example. You''ll probably get some nasty crashes too because it would do LFB writes off the side of the back buffer.
Author of Power Render (http:/www.powerrender.com)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement