dll files in vc++ .net 2003

Started by
1 comment, last by Citizen Pain 19 years, 2 months ago
I recently bought a copy of VC++ .net 2003 and downloaded the optimizing compiler from the microsoft website and got on with the task of getting used to the new IDE. When working on a project that uses multiple dll and exe files I usually put all projects in to one workspace file so i can easilly move between them. However it seems in .net this prevents my dll projects from creating .lib files, which it does fine with dll projects in seperate files. The linker is set to create lib files but they don't appear after compilling, so dependent projects fail during the linking process. I've tried using the original non-optimising compiller and linker as well as the one i downloaded with the microsoft toolkit, and i can't think what else could be causing this? This approach worked perfectly in vc++ 6.0 and i really can't understand why it doesn't work now. Have i missed a tick in the box?
Advertisement
I had this problem 2 days ago actually. It was because VC2003 needs you to declare at least 1 function as __declspec(dllexport), otherwise it thinks there's no exported functions, so it has nothing to put in a .lib file. It also doesn't seem to like my exports.def file :(
I was exporting a class, or so i thought? Oh well it works great now, thanks :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement