Sign in to follow this  
okonomiyaki

Compiling Boost gives many warnings.. grr

I have been playing around with some of the boost libraries recently. I've only tried a couple, and they worked great. I was just playing around with the "format" library, and when I included it and compiled it, it gives 13 warnings! Most of them are conversions, for example: c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\boost\format\format_implementation.hpp(210) : warning C4267: '+=' : conversion from 'size_t' to 'std::streamsize', possible loss of data Is there a warning type number that I can turn off, and if so, would it be wise to do so or just deal with it?

Quote:
Original post by falkone
Yes.. there are options to turn warnings off. I'd just leave them be, though, as their visibility doesn't affect the operation of the program.

Yeah, but it makes it harder to see real compilation issues and I also treat warnings as errors, so it's annoying to always have at least 13 warnings.

Quote:
Evil Steve
Yup, you want to turn off 64-bit compatibility warnings. Goto the Project menu, Projectname Properties -> C/C++, and set "Detect 64-bit Portability Issues" to "No".

Great, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a lot! Worked great.