This program has performed an illegal operation

Started by
0 comments, last by boltneck 23 years, 5 months ago
Hello all, I have the book from Andre'' Lamothe (Tricks of the windows game programming gurus) and ma trying to run the demos. The problem is, (after I get it compiled, etc) I get an error, something like this: This program has performed an illegal operation. When I go to debug this is where the compiler says there is a problem: 1.) it says that there is an unhandled exception in Freakout.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation. 2.) in the .cpp file the line that is in error is: &ddbltfx); // ptr to DDBLTFX structure what to do?? As a side note, does anyone have any good recomendations for a GOOD book that goes over the VC++ 6.0 compiler? thanx!!
Advertisement
Have you checked the obvious yet? Any dangling pointers or uninitialized stuff? I find that 90% of the time its stuff like this that creates problem... god knows its created enough for me.. <=/

btw, it looks like the line that is in error was cut out of your post (except for the ddblt part)... it''ll be hard for people to tell you whats wrong without it.

If you still aren''t having luck w/ it, feel free to e-mail me the project, or post a link to it here and (although I''m not a DX god or anything) I''ll try to see whats wrong.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement