• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Keybot

Scratchy music problem

This topic is 4872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I'm (still) having a bit of trouble with the background music in a java app. I used the JApplet and AudioClip classes to play the midi files I downloaded and I put them in their own Thread to play in the background. At run-time the tracks start to play fine but after a while(like a few minutes) they begin to sound scratchy and distorted. At some stages the music stops altogether, this in turn creates a bottle neck and it brings my whole system to a stand still. What the heck is going on, am I running too many threads at once or is it just not possible to do this in a java application? Can somebody please help me out here? Aaaaaaaaaaaahh! It sucks that things don't work! [Edited by - Keybot on February 17, 2005 1:38:23 PM]

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!