• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
boolean

A better way to search GDnet (formatted)

This topic is 5177 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
i don't have Google so i have to do it the manual way.

but if i want to look at Fixed Point Math.

i would use: Fixed Point Math site:GameDev.net

right?

I'm a bit confused. What do you mean you don't have google?

And using the query 'Fixed Point Math site:GameDev.net' is how the current search feature on GDnet works (I think), so if you go to the seach page on GDnet and type in "allintitle: YOU_SEARCH_QUERY -user -profile" then it should work.

I am currently trying to figure out if there is a way to group results which are from the same url, but nothing yet.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
i meant i don't have Firefox. sorry....

Well for you, I'd just click on Ben's link and type in your seach - you end up getting this: Link. Just as boolean has said [smile].

I propose a new thread be made that shows this way of searching GameDev be made "stickied" across the boards (a new thread for it's cleanliness). A lot of people have not seen this thread, so I am giving it a *bump* as well as asking the staff/mods in helping make this great method known around the GameDev community. That or just sticky this one [lol]. Just another suggestion!

- Drew

STAFF OR MODS:

With the amount of people who are being referred to this thread when they need to search GDnet, would it be possible to make this sticky?

Quote:
Original post by boolean
STAFF OR MODS:

With the amount of people who are being referred to this thread when they need to search GDnet, would it be possible to make this sticky?

Or perhaps adding a link to the Search Page?

Quote:
Original post by boolean
STAFF OR MODS:

I am totally for this idea! [smile] Pretty pretty please, with sugar on top [grin]

Hey, just a quick idea. If the search function is being abused by people spamming the hell out of it, I noticed that a car audio forum I was at tonight limits people to using the search only once every 30 seconds. Could this be something that would help fix the search feature on GDnet?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!