Visual C++ OpenGL AppWizard

Started by
17 comments, last by Xersist 23 years, 4 months ago
Hey all, thought I''d share this with everyone. I have created a little project AppWizard for Visual C++. It generates a fully functional and ready to compile OpenGL project. It uses NeHe''s base code. And eventually I''m going to include GLUT support, as soon as I figure out how to create a glut project.... (I keep getting a WinMain16 error??) Also, it was created in Visual C++ 6.x and "may not" work with version less then 6.x. Just gotta try it out. You can get it here. http://jim.iwarp.com Let me know what ya think Later, Jim
-X-
Advertisement
Really nice!
Time saving and more customizable than the ctrl-C ctrl-V :-)
Great job, i hope you''ll manage to support Glut.
(lazy guys like me need guys like you

"The owners of the land came onto the land or more often a spokeman for the owner came" Steinbeck The Grapes of Wrath
"I write messages on money. It's my own form of social protest. A letter printed on paper that no one will destroy. passed indiscriminately across race, class and gender lines and written in the blood that keeps the beast alive. A quiet little hijacking on the way to the check-out counter. And a federal crime." Zack de la Rocha in Renegades.
Glad you like it, If you could point me in the direction for supporting GLUT, I will. Just that I can''t seem to get a program to compile right. linker keeps saying
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16
any ideas? glut32.lig is in my .../lib dir, glut32.dll is in my ../system dir, glut.h is in my ../include dir, I have a main() function and am using the glutMainLoop();.

For those that are interested, I also want to create a MFC version. But I am having trouble making my app go to full screen "and" get rid of the menu bar. other then that glitch I could make the wizard tonight, but want to get the code as bullet proof as possible.

-X-
Hi
If you are getting that "_WinMain@16" and tryng to use Glut, then you must create a console application when you create the project.., it might be that

Bruno
DUH! Man what the heck was I thinking Thanks!!!!
-X-
That app wizard rocks

euro
----Eurosprt1--Pilot Extrodinaire
yep, your appwiz is really nice, and usefull

i dont often create opengl-projects currently, but when, then i could use it, and its really nice to have it

tnx alot

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

New versions out. I have compleated a generic glut wizard, and both have a couple new options.

Let me know if there are any problems.

Later,
Jim
-X-
Hi there

Your wizard rocks.

Could you guide us in the direction as how to do it ??

Thanks
Erick Grove
I agree, I think the wizard is one of the most useful submissions the site has ever received. Truely incredible! You should contact Microsoft and see if they will include it in the next release of Visual C++

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement