Need help alpha testing my MMORPG.

Started by
27 comments, last by ItsHercule 19 years, 1 month ago
Woops. Looks like I forgot to add apache2 to my default runlevel.
---2x John Carmack
Advertisement
Your game server seems to be down(I did allow ports 9997-9999 on my firewall, still doesn't work).
I am going to be using Windows more frequently now. Besides, the beta version is nearing completion. IIRC the latest source tree has the server included.

Sorry.
---2x John Carmack
I made a Macintosh .app file (executable), if your interested. OSX Executable(zipped with README), it contains everything they need (I bundled the data files in the executable).

EDIT: Fixed a bug that caused it to crash whenever you tried to enter the inn.
This looks like a great project! It what I wanted to shoot for later down the road. (I JUST figured out how to display a bitmap with Direct3D T_T) BUT! its simple, its clean, and it works! Good job!
Wow! Thanks for the Mac OS X port! I have a friend who runs a Mac and would like to try it, but I don't have one myself to port it over for him.

Also, you have any specifics regarding the bug? I fixed a seg fault that occurred by not initializing the whole character struct by converting it to a class with a constructor. Perhaps it's the same as yours because it also happened when I entered the inn.
---2x John Carmack
Oh, that bug was related to how my port was reading the inn map file, it should work fine now (I forgot to change one line of the code to read the data I packaged into the application file, instead of the default location).

If you need any more OSX ports, you can just ask me, and I'll try to make one.
I downgraded to SDL 1.2 for the newer versions to prevent any conflicts.
---2x John Carmack
How bout that Windows port!!!

^^

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement