Voodoo3 + Linux

Started by
4 comments, last by pr0teus 23 years, 5 months ago
Are there Voodoo 3 drivers for Linux? Ben
Advertisement
There are some MesaGL drivers that work with 3dfx hardware. However I have no experience with them as I use NVidia cards.
For Linux or for X?
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
>> For Linux or for X?

To tell you the truth, I''ve no idea of the difference. The distrobution is Deluxe Linux 6.0, its based on Mandrake.
X is the de-facto graphical user interface for Unices (that includes Linux), while Linux is "just" the operating system itself. X is just another program for Linux. If I were you I'd check out www.xfree86.org. Xfree86 is a free implementation of X that comes with basically every Linux distribution. Check out the site, they've got a list of supported video cards there (the drivers for X are also known as "servers"). I'm pretty sure you could get X up and running using the VGA or the SVGA server - it'll be slow though

Edited by - Muzzafarath on November 3, 2000 2:01:03 PM
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Actually I have a Voodoo based card myself. Check out linux.3dfx.com. They have all the drivers you need to get the card working for your system.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement