• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GumpusPMaximus

msvc++ 6.0 standard edition?

This topic is 6443 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i was wondering if msvc++ 6.0 standard is really the best option for a low budget. amazon.com has it for about $87(us) and there''s a $50 rebate. i''ve been told the standard edition doesn''t have full optimizations, but it''s still better than any of the free compilers. any feedback on this package or other packages would be GREATLY appreciated.

Advertisement
i have the (german) Standart edition, and i had never problems(beside learning c++), i''m not sure, but i think you will not find MFC (Microsofts fried chicken), in other compilers and you will probably not have the msdn and the microsoft support, but iam a newbee...

Borland command line tools are better IMO. Try them they''re about 9MB download.

MSDN can be accessed at msdn.microsoft.com you just cant get on the premium features but you need a subscription for that anyway..

My Homepage

Visit my forums

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!