Issues with GLUT

Started by
5 comments, last by AnalGoat 23 years, 5 months ago
I''ve been trying to get glut running on my PC at home so I can transfer program from my house to school(Macs). I''ve downloaded the glut libraries, put the .h file in my include directory, the library file in my lib directory and the .dll in my windows/system directory. All that seems to be fine. But when i compile using VC++ 5.0 i get the following error when linking: C:\Program Files\DevStudio\VC\LIB\glut32.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x39d4f93d I just don''t get it. I have the harddisk with plenty of space, almost 1gig. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks! ~Dan~
Advertisement
Have you put glut32.lib into the Project Settings too?

ie. Click on Project from the menu, then Settings..., then click on the Link tab and in the "Object/Library modules" text area make sure there is glu32.lib (not glut32.lib or glut32.dll!)

I hope that helps.

Oh, and I think you also need to have opengl32.lib in there too. I think Jeff covers this in the first lesson anyhow.

All the best,
Tony

glut32.lib is in the new VC6 format
All the libraries and headers are being found just fine. The problem occurs when linking, i did some test to check that the libraries were actually being found and they were. The problem is elsewhere.....

THanks!
~Dan~
do u have the latest version of glut
http://www.xmission.com/%7Enate/glut.html

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux
Its sounds like the glut library you have got has been compiled with (and for) for VC 6. Try getting the source code down and compiling it using VC5.

(You''ll have to goto the glut homepage for the sourcecode).
Richard Wright, author of the OpenGL Superbible, has this to say about:

"invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to location"

This is a frequent report. This happens because the version of glut32.dll/.lib included on the CD was built with Visual C++ 6.0 (the latest version), and you are using an older version of Visual C++ (which can''t read the newer library format apparently). All you have to do is rebuild GLUT yourself using the included make/batch files with your version of Visual C++.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement