Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tployaert

debugging with dual head card

tployaert    122
I have to know before to acquire a new graphic card if DualHead card works fine for debugging full screen directx apps ... Do you have some feedback about it ? How do you switch focus between the debugger and the application when you debug with multiple monitor ? I have been told that there is a particular keyboard implementation for debugging with multiple monitor ... Thanks Thierry

xeos    122
I''m using a G400 32M DualHead at the moment, but I''m doing OpenGL work. And, since Microsoft won''t let dual-head video cards run accelerated OpenGL, I have to disable it!

I have done only very marginal work with DirectX, and from what I can tell, it''ll work fine. Basically, you drag the development environment into the secondary screen, then run the game in the first. Buf fullscreen exclusive mode won''t let you move the mouse outside the primary screen.... and I don''t know the key combo / whatever you need to do to change heads...

hope this helps...

Simon Wilson
XEOS Digital Development

Knarkles    271
quote:
Original post by xeos

I have done only very marginal work with DirectX, and from what I can tell, it''ll work fine. Basically, you drag the development environment into the secondary screen, then run the game in the first. Buf fullscreen exclusive mode won''t let you move the mouse outside the primary screen.... and I don''t know the key combo / whatever you need to do to change heads...

It says in the DX SDK that you should run your game on the secondary monitor, and your IDE on the primary monitor when debugging with multiple monitors.

-Jussi

"Nice enough to hug"