StarCraft 3D - Staff

Started by
17 comments, last by davepermen 23 years, 5 months ago
no, there isn''t a 3d-version for n64 out. there is just a 3d-conversion of command and conquer out, sc is 2d, like always.

This is not a post bout is it allowed or shall we do sc3d. WE DO! We are searching for some staff with knowledges in MFC or in drawing textures, like described before. Its not your problem if its allowed or not.

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Advertisement
That game does look pretty cool, but it would probably be a good idea to call it something other than starcraft 3d...
tnx for the reply.. but currently we dont wanna change our name, we are searching for staff members wich create textures or helps coding the editors

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

Ok, since you are convinced that you must make Starcraft 3D, I''ll stop bashing and just ask you to answer one question: how are you going to get away with that name and the cloned graphics?

-Jussi
hm, for this you could go to the faq

Uhoh, insult the project, bring about beat-down.

Sure we could get sued- if we made money off the project. But we aren''t searching for money or anything else for that matter. We pretty much consider this a TC of starcraft, that boldly goes beyond what any TC has gone before: we are recreating the engine to add a whole new dimension. Heck, I think if anything this shows the total commitment to Starcraft by people around the world to Blizzard, and should be a revolution.

Heck, if you read PC-Gamer you would know that in Korea, starcraft prevails not only to tournaments, but above and beyond with nifty chip-bags bearing starcraft characters!! Who cares if we get sued, the recognition will out-weigh the pains. Besides, they couldn''t sue us for more then 10 bucks, because altogethor we could barely scrounge that much.

And if you have been reading mags such as PC-Gamer, many, MANY articles have been out there honoring game mods, especially Half-life mods. Counter-strike has become commercial, owned now by valve. I am downloading fire-arms right now, hearing it comes the closest to tf2 as you can get.

Instead of slamming us or warning us, cheer us. It really isn''t anybody''s problem until we DO get sued, and heck, if you support us, the chances increase for us! And we don''t get anything out of this beside experiance, so who is this helping? The players! So give it up for SC3D!

If you''ve ever been to Infoceptor, you''ll know that even TC''s have been shut down.

I think what you''re doing is really cool, but you should probably talk with Bliz about it. Whether it is free or not, it''s still a violation of © protection.

The wise thing to do would be to consult blizzard before you get done with it and they decide to shut you down (which they have done to other sites -- such as diabloii.net I think?).

Anyways, best of luck to you. I''d just hate to see you get so far only to be let down.
/////////////////////////////////////
"For some reason when I think of booby traps,
I think of a bra hanging trip-wire style across a walkway."
Thanks for that constructive critism, that means alot more then just spamming about how we are going to get sued, ect.

It might be a good idea to contact them, I will have to talk with the team. If we can get it far enough without them finding out, we might just make it. With what has been happening at Valve, I think it is entirely possible this could become part of Blizzard. Of course, that won''t happen until Brood makes his code distinguishable

Thanks for that constructive critism, that means alot more then just spamming about how we are going to get sued, ect.

It might be a good idea to contact them, I will have to talk with the team. If we can get it far enough without them finding out, we might just make it. With what has been happening at Valve, I think it is entirely possible this could become part of Blizzard. Of course, that won''t happen until Brood makes his code distinguishable

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement