D3D Cards Database : at last ready !

Started by
-1 comments, last by TETRONICS 23 years, 5 months ago
Some of you may remember this Project, D3D Card''s Database. I made a first announcement on GDNet forum...2 months ago, and since then let the site in a stand-by state. This because with the help of two other people, the site was intended to become a real WEB-based database, with search engine and other interesting features. But several contraints made us to stop that way, and I decided to return to the first idea. With a completion of what was missing, and improved readability, the site is now ready to run fully, waiting its new visitors... But if this is the first time you hear about it, let''s say a few words about it...: if you are using Direct3D, you have to manage a lot of different situations, according your engine behaviour to the 3D device present on the user system. But should you handle all cases ? What are the most common capabilities present on cards today ? What can you expect from 3D cards targeted ? In order to know that, I developped a little program that enumerate all drivers and devices, and write to a HTML file a very accurate report about what was found ( particularly D3DDEVICEDESC7 contents ). I even test some video modes to get pixel formats. The idea is to share this kind of report in an on-line database, and my program that comes with, so that YOU could run it on your system, get the data from your 3D card and then send me the result to enlarge the database ! Thus, with a sufficient variety of models, we could draw any kind of useful conclusion, comparing reports together. Already on the site : 3DFX Voodoo 2 and 3, NVIDIA GeForce SDR ( all about T&L ! ) and TNT2, MATROX G400 MAX or ATI RAGE 2+. I also wrote another program that compare various devices from different 3D cards, showing what''s different. Available for download ! Get all information from Direct3D on my site at http://perso.club-internet.fr/lyritron And if you can, please contribute ! Tetronics/Lyritron.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement