Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RapidFire

How do I use the DirectX SDK with Borland C++ Builder? (Guess v1.0)

The title explains it all... I have downloaded the DirectX SDK, and I have Borland C++ Builder. Now I want to develop 2D games. (Like the old Zelda games) How do I do this? How do I use the DirectX SDK? What I need: Explanation: How to use the DirectX SDK Source: The source of a "game" (just a relatively simple code to check if the SDK works) Remember, it''s for Borland C++ Builder (I can''t find the version, so I guess it''s 1.0) Thanx in advance, Hans Roerdinkholder

First thing is that you need to conver the DirectX libraries into libraries that C Builder can use. (implib32 will translate the COFF formatted libraries to OMF formatted)

Then add the header files and library files to the paths of the project that you are working on.

Form there you should be able to compile almost any basic DirectX program. If you want to use VCL forms with the DirectX, you can skip most of the window initialization code and just use the main form for message handling.

Or just upgrade to 3.0 or higher which comes with the DirectX libraries and headers set up for you, along with sample code.