How do I use the DirectX SDK with Borland C++ Builder? (Guess v1.0)

Started by
2 comments, last by RapidFire 23 years, 5 months ago
The title explains it all... I have downloaded the DirectX SDK, and I have Borland C++ Builder. Now I want to develop 2D games. (Like the old Zelda games) How do I do this? How do I use the DirectX SDK? What I need: Explanation: How to use the DirectX SDK Source: The source of a "game" (just a relatively simple code to check if the SDK works) Remember, it''s for Borland C++ Builder (I can''t find the version, so I guess it''s 1.0) Thanx in advance, Hans Roerdinkholder
Advertisement
Here''s a tip:

Did you try NOT spamming the entire board with your question 6 times? I think that may be your first mistake.

VyvyanBasterd
Sorry... I didn''t know what board I had to post on, so I posted on 2... And there''s something wrong with my internet connection, which resulted in 2 posts... I hope I don''t reply this message 2 times...
I have deleted your duplicate posts, so that is fixed in this messageboard.

What you are asking is an extemely general question. What you are asking is: How do I make a game?
This is not a very useful question to ask. I would recommend that you buy a book on the subject, and I would recommend Windows Game Programming For Dummies or Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus. At the end of each book a simple game is produced, although the one at the end of Dummies is more similar to what you want to make (it has levels and tiled backgrounds).

To use the SDK with Borland C++ builder, you should get the libs from the Microsoft website for Borland compilers. Because some of these are incompatible with some C++ Builder versions, you may want to make some libs of you own for the ones which don''t work using IMPLIB.EXE and then link in dxextra.lib into your project.

Please state the nature of the debugging emergency.

sharewaregames.20m.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement