• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

What is your favorite(easy) programming language?

This topic is 4737 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What is your favorite programing language that is easy to understand vvery quickly?

Advertisement
Well, i like lisp best. But if you like syntax and can't stand ((lisp) braces) try python.

Guest Anonymous Poster
C++ !!! Period.

Thanks for all the help but can anyone telll me about Blitzbasic?

I don't have any personal experience with it.

hey Trap, have you ever attempted or had any success with binding LISP to C++ for use with OpenGL and such?

Quote:
Original post by pTymN
hey Trap, have you ever attempted or had any success with binding LISP to C++ for use with OpenGL and such?
There exist OpenGL bindings for Corman Lisp. Aside from that, most implementations have a C FFI (foreign function interface) with which you can tie into C code without too much bother (once you're comfortable with the typically cumbersome syntax).

If you're starting out with Lisp, I'd recommend the Corman route.

Not only OpenGL, there even is cl-sdl.

You can very easily use all Java or .NET libraries with foil.

If you want to bind some lowlevel C library you can use UFFI

I started out with C++, and I like how powerful it is. But if your looking for ease I would say python, I dont know it but I've heard really good things about it. As for C++ I've been using it for about 5 months and still have much to learn.

I second Pascal [smile].
One of the languages for which you can assume “If it compiles, it'll do exactly what you expect it to do”. Free Pascal seems to be a very good compiler, for example it supports lots of platforms, comes with many libraries and bindings and - best of all - it's free as in doesn't cost you a cent.

Just because C++ is immensely complex does not mean you cannot learn it as a beginner. Get a good book and stick to the basics for a while. Then, when you need more advanced features, voila - they're there to be used in a language you already know ( atleast partly). I would suggest starting wiht C++ but not using classes, pointers, templates... until you're quite comfortable with the basics. That way you haven't spent countless hours mastering a language like blitzbasic that you may find later does not suit your needs. But that is just what I think.

While not necessarily the best language, I think Visual Basic is very easy to pick up and learn. You can get a simple program up and running far faster than with c++, since most of the ugly code is typed for you, and everything's in nice, easy to understand forms where you just fill in values. Not to mention, the code is pretty straightforward and easy to pick up on.

Other programs are more powerful, and vb teaches some bad programming habits in my opinion, but if you want to slap something together in no time at all, you can do it with vb. =)

Quote:
Original post by Fruny
C++ is not easy. Learn Python.

If only Python recognized tabs? I mean, I use 'insert spaces', but some people don't. [headshake]
By the way, can you use Python to script in Python?

Quote:
Original post by Pipo DeClown
If only Python recognized tabs? I mean, I use 'insert spaces', but some people don't. [headshake]

It does. It treats them as 8 spaces. The issue is with people using different tab sizes. Tabnanny, pycheck (I believe) and using a python-specific editor (even just IDLE) do help.

Quote:
By the way, can you use Python to script in Python?

Yes, look at compile and exec, for example.

After learning HTML and Visual Basic, I did C++. C++ really isn't complicated until you get to the windows programming. I still get frustrated with it.

HTML...what's there to say...too easy.

Visual Basic...easy too...It took me only 3 days to catch on, and in one month, I'd say I've mastered it.

C++... Easy when doing the Command Prompt Programming. It gets more challenging when doing Windows programming. It's moderately difficult.

I'd say Python, I haven't mastered it, in fact I'm still learning it to this day. I haven't been that big on it yet. But I plan on it. It looks too easy though.

I like HTML and variables++, though Aspect variables is up and coming.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement