hierarchy chart (flowchart) software suggestions

Started by
23 comments, last by JD 19 years, 1 month ago
Dia is just a diagram making tool. It has symbols for uml, flowcharts, electronic circuits I think, etc. It's not like rational rose or other sophysticated uml tools that take uml and produce code, etc. It's not a plug in to uml tools. It's like umlpad but better I think.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by JD
Dia is just a diagram making tool.

A diagram making tool is all I need. If I can make boxes with text inside of them that link together, that's all I need. It's too bad Dia crashed on me (without saving my work) as it was the most appropriate application I tried so far.

Right now I am trying Visual Paradigm, but it is very complicated. Hopefully I can figure it out, as I think it does pretty much everything anyone would need!

Matthew Doucette, Xona Games

Quote:Original post by Tebriel
You may want to look into (using UML terms):

Class Diagrams (as a hierarchy chart...you can specify functions in these)
and
Activity Diagrams (as a "flowchart")

I missed this part of your post until just now. This is where I am at in Visual Paradigm... right at the beginning trying to decide which diagram to start making. Thanks again!

Quote:Original post by Tebriel
UML stuff, visual examples

Thanks for this link, too! :)

Today I made some state charts with Dia and had no crashes. One interesting thing is that the UML state chart symbols don't align to the grid properly. The universal symbols do however. But even with this problem Dia worked fine for my needs. I had to set my desktop font to true type font for it to not hickup all the time. Same problem with gimp for windows. I use dia ver. 0.94.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement