IDirectTexture8

Started by
12 comments, last by GameCheetz 19 years, 1 month ago
Yupp, it should be available for DirectX 8.1... and for what it is...
A 2D-renderer for Direct3D, which provides all the basic features necessary, does everything for you... check it out unless you rely on more advanced uses.

Advertisement
I took a look. It looks like what I need. I don't do anything advanced, so it's just a matter of trying it out. Thanks.
There's more information about this problem in the Forum FAQ
Stay Casual,KenDrunken Hyena
I tried using ID3DXSPRITE, but ran into a problem. It requires a RECT with the rectangle to draw from the texture, but texture coordinates are decimal numbers and RECT is 4 longs. Also, do I have to worry about texels with ID3DXSPRITE? Instead of going from 0.0 to 1.0, going from (-.5)/width to (width-.5)/width?

EDIT: Of course, I tried drawing with pixel coordinates anyway, and although it shouldn't work, it did. It was stretched though, so after taking a screenshot & doing a bit of math to figure out HOW stretched, I found that it rounds texture width & height up to the nearest power of 2, so I adjusted it. Being the splashscreen that I tested, the image was 640x480. By adding whitespace in the image, my problem was solved. The rest of the images have powers of 2 for their heights & widths, so this is good.

Thanks everyone who helped me, especially Syranide for suggesting ID3DXSprite.

[Edited by - GameCheetz on March 2, 2005 9:13:46 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement