• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

fatal error C1010

This topic is 4740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive i get this error when trying to compile my program, i looked on msdn but didn't understand what it is saying code: #include<iostream> using namespace std;

Advertisement
Quote:
MSDN
Visual C++ Compiler Options
/Yu (Use Precompiled Header File)

/Yu This option specifies using a precompiled header (.pch) file during builds. The PCH must have been created using Create Precompiled Header File (/Yc).

Quote:
Visual C++ Concepts: Building a C/C++ Program
Fatal Error C1010

unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive

An include file specified with /Yu is not listed in the source file.

Did you inadvertently delete a #include statement that referenced the .h file that /Yu is looking for?

Did you?

Rhaal

i don't know what a /Yu is, im rather new to C++, and i started with a blank project, there wasn't anything to delete.

Quote:
Original post by ender_341
Rhaal

i don't know what a /Yu is, im rather new to C++, and i started with a blank project, there wasn't anything to delete.

I see. I recommend you give more information in your initial questions though. I assumed you were attempting to use pre-compiled headers. It's also a good idea to state the language you're using in your initial question. MSDN is not C++ only.

However, it's now clear you don't wish to use pch, so follow the advice given by Shai and disable this "feature".

i was able to get it to wrk i tried creating a new project and pasting the code in,a and it compiled fine, im not sure why it turned pre-compiled headers on

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement