• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ender_341

fatal error C1010

This topic is 4835 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive i get this error when trying to compile my program, i looked on msdn but didn't understand what it is saying code: #include<iostream> using namespace std;

Advertisement
Quote:
MSDN
Visual C++ Compiler Options
/Yu (Use Precompiled Header File)

/Yu This option specifies using a precompiled header (.pch) file during builds. The PCH must have been created using Create Precompiled Header File (/Yc).

Quote:
Visual C++ Concepts: Building a C/C++ Program
Fatal Error C1010

unexpected end of file while looking for precompiled header directive

An include file specified with /Yu is not listed in the source file.

Did you inadvertently delete a #include statement that referenced the .h file that /Yu is looking for?

Did you?

Rhaal

i don't know what a /Yu is, im rather new to C++, and i started with a blank project, there wasn't anything to delete.

Quote:
Original post by ender_341
Rhaal

i don't know what a /Yu is, im rather new to C++, and i started with a blank project, there wasn't anything to delete.

I see. I recommend you give more information in your initial questions though. I assumed you were attempting to use pre-compiled headers. It's also a good idea to state the language you're using in your initial question. MSDN is not C++ only.

However, it's now clear you don't wish to use pch, so follow the advice given by Shai and disable this "feature".

i was able to get it to wrk i tried creating a new project and pasting the code in,a and it compiled fine, im not sure why it turned pre-compiled headers on

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!