Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jjesterr

Just need somehting simple

Jjesterr    122
Hi! This is a small request: Would someone please send me the source (in c++) for a program that just moves a sprite (a .bmp or something) with the arrow keys. it woudl be real nice if you put in some comments so i knew what was what, but this is all i need to have!! It would teach me the basic stuff that i cant find anywhere else! thank you ever so much me email is jjesterr@bellsouth.net Jjesterr "A smile can take you a long way. A smile and a gun will take you even farther" - Al Capone

Jjesterr    122

OK, i huess i learn something new. after looking up what api meant, i guess directX7 is good, i guess.

didnt know it was that complicated!

thanks

Jjesterr

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
You''ll find the samples you require in the DirectX SDK

Jjesterr    122
OK, i d/l the dx7, and the header files. do i need to d/l that freaking large a s s (65mb) file of libs for borland cbuilder???

the sample source isnt there.

How hard could ti freaking be to do this? good grief..... your gonna make me use my birthday money to go buy a book arnt you?

(unless i can d/l the book, its really hard for me to buy it right now)

please help me out here,

Jjesterr

"A smile can take you a long way. A smile and a gun will take you even farther" - Al Capone

Lethe    100
For about £6-7 microsoft will send the SDK to you. And, as for the book, you might want to - it depends on your previous experiance. If your an experianced C++ programmer with some previous/basic knoledge of graphics programming, you could learn it of off the SDK''s help files, otherwise, you will probably need a book, and you might need to polish up on your C++ too.
Oh, and OpenGL will be a lot easier - there are things in DirectX that take pages of code, and can be done in a single line of OpenGL.(Do not flame - I fully appreciate that DirectX gives you far more power)
-Lethe

Jjesterr    122
OK!! thanks!!

(i guess ill get that book, trix of teh game gurus, thanks!!)

ill go look for opengl stuff now!!

thank you!

Jjesterr
Doing a Jog of Happiness

"A smile can take you a long way. A smile and a gun will take you even farther" - Al Capone

zedzeek    529
mate check me site out theres a few simple programs on it (the more recent ones are under extensions), some load textures including loading a png file in 2 lines

http://members.xoom.com/myBollux