• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Porphiron

MinGW Studio - Can't find "libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3"?

This topic is 4999 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just installed mingw studio and when I tried to run it, it said: "error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory". I searched for a package with a similar name, but I could't find one. Then I searched for libstdc++ on my harddrive and there were: "/usr/lib/libstdc++.la /usr/lib/libstdc++.so /usr/lib/libstdc++.a /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.5 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.3" but no libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 or anything with "-libc6". In most Threads I found with google, it's been suggested, that you can make a link to some other libstdc++-libc6 file, but I don't have anything like that(also someone said that that could cause problems). :-( So... where can I get libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3? ;) I'm using Arch Linux, if that's important... Another question: I wanted to try Borland C++BuilderX, too, but they want to know my phone number and I don't really understand the textfields. ;) It's like ([ ]) [ ] ext: [ ]... O_o I don't want them to call me anyway... but it's required. :-( --Matthias

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
1) Try making the link to libstdc++.so.5. Don't know if it'll work, but you can try...
2) Type "N/A" in any field you don't want to fill in ;)

Thanks for the answer. :)

I downloaded C++BuilderX now, but it wants to have an activation file or to know my serial number?? I registered, but I didn't get an email. O_o

I didn't try to create a lin kfor MinGW Studio yet...

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Matthias Lange
I downloaded C++BuilderX now, but it wants to have an activation file or to know my serial number?? I registered, but I didn't get an email. O_o

If you filled in a valid e-mail addy, you shold be getting a mail with the activation file any time now...

The mailaddress is correct, but I still haven't got a mail. Is it normal that it takes so long(about 5 hours now, I think)?

EDIT: Ah, I just received the mail. :) So far, it seems to work. I'm gonna test it now. ;)

[Edited by - Matthias Lange on March 2, 2005 4:05:30 PM]

I had the same problem with another program. I found out the solution:
You need to get this rpm: "compat-gcc-c++".
But as I understand (correct?), all Linuxes don't support rpm's..

ch.

Quote:
Original post by christian h
But as I understand (correct?), all Linuxes don't support rpm's..
Yeah, right. Arch Linux doesn't. But thanks for pointing this out anyway, maybe I can find something like that. Can't test it now, because I'm in Windows. ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!